CHERRY CHEESECAKE BREAD PUDDING
8 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, Zest of 1 orange, divided, Juice of 1/2 an orange, divided, 8 cups stale cubed French bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 pinch salt, 1 egg
FOR THE ICING:
1/4 cup (2 1/2 ounch) cream cheese, softened, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, half the orange zest and half the orange juice until well combined. Stir in bread cubes and let soak as you prepare the other ingredients.
3. In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and remaining orange zest and juice until smooth.
4. Place half the bread mixture in the bottom of a large, well-greased cast-iron skillet. Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture and half of the can of cherry pie filling on top in rounded tablespoonfuls. Top with remaining bread pudding mixture, then top with rounded tablespoonfuls of remaining cream cheese mixture and cherry pie filling.
5. Prepare the streusel: Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until mixture resembles small crumbs. Sprinkle streusel evenly over bread pudding.
6. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until bread pudding is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (tip: before placing in oven, place a baking sheet under the skillet to catch any drips). Let cool slightly as you prepare the icing.
7. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Spoon icing over bread pudding. Serve warm or room temperature.